Logitech MK270 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo has been with us since the days of Windows XP. In fact, the MK270 is arguably the world’s bestselling keyboard and mouse combo. And… I’ve had it since 2018.
If you’d prefer to watch the review, here is the video
Otherwise, in this longer-term review, we answer three important questions:
- Why is Logitech MK270 so popular by looking at the specs, features and pricing
- Is it a product I can recommend in 2022 based on my user experience spanning over 3 years?
- What is the best alternative to MK270 wireless combo?
Like I said, I’ve had this Keyboard and Mouse combo for over 3 years now. That explains why the box looks old…
Enough with disclaimers!
Logitech MK270 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse combo box has 3 important details printed on it.
- The Name of the Wireless comb and important Specs e.g., it’s a full-size keyboard (with number pad and dedicated function. Keys), the 8 hot keys, battery life and the convenience from the receiver.
- Compatibility (which OS you can use the keyboard, in the case windows and Chrome OS.)
- What’s included in the box (the Logitech K270 Keyboard, the Logitech M185 Mouse, 2 AAA batteries for the Keyboard and 1 AA battery for the Mouse, the 2.4 Wireless USB Receiver and a manual/documentation if you would)
That pretty much sums up the Unboxing experience.
Logitech MK270 Features
Now let’s quickly look at the features…what exactly makes Logitech MK270 Wireless Combo a favorite of many.
This Particular Logitech Keyboard has 3 main things going for it namely:
- It’s built to last (plastic yes, but very sturdy and can handle drops), the keys never fade
- It’s spill resistant. We aren’t talking waterproof here but MK270 can handle coffee, water or any other liquid spill well
- It’s ridiculously affordable considering the features. For under $30, you get a spill resistant wireless Keyboard and mouse combo with hot keys.
If you asked me, that’s the combination behind the popularity of Logitech MK270 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo.
Logitech MK270 Review: Pros and Cons
The Logitech MK270 is a combo of the reliable Logitech K270 Wireless Keyboard and the Compact Logitech M185 Wireless Mouse. To get a better picture of what we have here, let’s look at their pros and cons individually.
The Logitech K270 Wireless Keyboard: Pros and Cons
If you were to go for the Logitech K270 Keyboard alone, here are some of the reasons to buy and reasons to avoid
- It’s lightweight, making it highly portable
- Well-spaced deep-profile keys for longer and comfortable typing
- Multimedia keys – play/pause, mute, volume down, volume up,
- Shortcut keys- home button (takes you to your set homepage) mail (opens the mail client e.g. outlook), calculator and the Sleep Key
- Shortcut keys- home button (takes you to your set homepage) mail (opens the mail client e.g outlook), calculator and the Sleep Key
- Adjustable Keyboard height using strong plastic levers.
- No palm rest,
- Not compatible with mac
- Doesn’t support multiple devices
- No programmable keys
- No phone or tablet stand
The Logitech M185 Wireless Mouse: Pros and Cons
The Logitech M185 is a very popular mouse on its own. Should you choose to buy it without the K270 Keyboard, here are the reasons to buy as well as reasons not to buy the Logitech M185 Mouse
- Compact Accurate Optical Mouse
- Comfortable for both left- and right-hand users
- Smooth Optical Tracking
- Line-by-line scrolling wheel
- Has a programmable button
- Has an On/Off button for longer battery life and to avoid accidental clicks/scrolls
- Comes with a long-lasting replaceable AA battery
- Lacks a rubber grip
- Only one programmable button
- Doesn’t support multiple devices
Logitech MK270 Review: User Experience
Having used the Logitech MK270 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse combo, I believe I’ve earned the badge to comment on the user experience. I’ll start with that I love so far and things I’ve found inconveniencing over the years
What I like about Logitech MK270 Combo
- Excellent Build Quality: I’ve dropped the keyboard and mouse more than once and they are still intact…that’s a testament that the MK270 wireless combo is actually built to last
- Dependable Battery Life: Bought this particular Logitech MK270 at the beginning of 2019 and has yet to replace the Keyboard battery. As for the mouse, I replaced the battery around January (2022). In short, the battery life is as stated if not more. I think the auto sleep mode really works.
- Water Resistance: My mouse once fell into a trough of water and all I had to do was let it dry (after removing the battery), and it worked just fine. Not a single problem to date. The keyboard is actually spill resistant…
- Comfortable Typing: Typing on Logitech MK270 wireless Keyboard is always better than most external keyboards I’ve used and of course far better than a majority of notebook keyboards.
What I didn’t like about the Combo
- Occasional freeze. There are times the keyboard just stops working. Then there are those times when the Logitech M185 mouse refuses to cooperate. I solved this by removing the battery and disconnecting the receiver from the PC. This has only happened twice in over 3 years though.
- The keys get stiffer if you don’t use the keyboard for long or when you allow it to gather dust. The typing experience is not enjoyable at all whenever that happens. If not in use, I’ve learnt to keep it in a box
- The Mouse Right click isn’t reliable after I upgraded to windows 11. I don’t know if that’s the case with all other windows 11 users or an isolated case over here. At times I have to click at least thrice for the shortcut menu to show.
Logitech MK270 alternatives
If you can spare something extra, you can also check out the following Logitech MK270 alternatives:
- Logitech MK295 Wireless Combo (featuring SilentTouch—an exclusive Logitech technology that eliminates over 90% of keyboard and mouse noise. It’s the same clicking and typing feel of the world’s bestselling combo without disruptive clicking and typing sounds)
- Logitech MK540 Wireless Combo (The full-size keyboard features a familiar key shape, size, and feeling – and the contoured and ambidextrous mouse has been designed to fit comfortably into either palm)
- Logitech MK710 Wireless Combo (A full-size keyboard is fully loaded with an LCD display, number pad, and palm rest, so you can work at peak efficiency and comfort. The contoured mouse is sculpted for the shape of your right hand, and features programmable buttons, hyper-fast scrolling, and precision tracking that works on most surfaces)
Is it something I can recommend in 2022? Absolutely!
You get a better Keyboard than the one on your laptop and Mouse more accurate than your trackpad. Logitech Wireless Combo is also more convenient than the wired keyboard and mouse your Desktop PC came with. Above all, you get a clean desk setup.
Read Also: Best Fitness Tracker in 2022 (Under $50)
Apart from the convenience, I strongly recommend the Combo for the sturdy build, reliable wireless connection, amazing battery life and comfortable Logitech keyboard and mouse overall. All for an amazing price of $30 or less.
That’s all for now. Let me know your experience with Logitech MK270 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse via the comments below.
Read Also: Best Gaming Keyboard To Buys
Otherwise, if you found this review helpful, please consider sharing it with friends on social media.
Logitech MK270 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo is your best option for a reliable spill-resistant wireless combo that won't cost you a fortune. You get a durable build, excellent battery life and comfortable typing for about $30.
- Great build quality
- Full-size with number pad
- Shortcut keys
- Excellent batter life
- Well-spaced keys
- Accurate Optical Mouse
- Mouse has a programable Button
- Spill resistant
- The Keyboard has no palm-rest
- The Mouse lacks a rubber grip
- Not compatible with mac
- Doesn't support multiple devices